I am looking for some advice on putting training aids. After recently reading "The Art of Putting" by Stan Utley, I have improved my putting by using more of an arc as opposed to my old straight back and straight through method. Are there any putting training aids that are specifically designed to help you with more of an arc stroke?
Yes! In fact I have two suggestions for you.
1. Putting Plane Alignment System by Eyeline Golf - The PUTTING PLANE ALIGNMENT SYSTEM is designed to give you instant feedback on all areas of putting alignment. THE PUTTING PLANE ALIGNMENT SYSTEM allows you to putt exactly as you would on the course. Just as if you had your coach standing with you, the mirrored surface allows you to check that your eyes are over the ball, shoulders are lined up, and putter face is square to your target. The inside rail, adjustable to fit any putter and is slanted at 72 degrees, allows the putter to come slightly inside as it moves back and up during the stroke. The PUTTING PLANE ALIGNMENT SYSTEM is lightweight yet tough and will fit conveniently into your golf bag.
2. The Putting Arc Deluxe - This putting training aid is a beautifully finished solid wood for indoor or outdoors use. The Putting Arc Deluxe is a revolutionary new putting training aid, which will guide you to a simple, repeatable, and understandable approach to putting. The Putting Arc Deluxe will assist you in developing a confidence while standing over your putter that is felt by only a small percentage of all golfers. This is a confidence to putt the golf ball exactly where you intend. The Putting Arc Deluxe works because it guides the putter head in pure planar rotation about an axis which passes through the golfers spine between the shoulders. This means that the hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders all stay connected throughout the putting stroke. The Putting Arc Deluxe golf putting aid has radial lines on its top. This important feature shows the correct clubface alignment at each point in the putting stroke. This alignment is just as important as the club head path! The Putting Arc Works Because
1. The Putting Arc Deluxe is based upon natural body movement which can be quickly learned and repeated. Results can be seen in several days and thousands of repetitions are not required to show improvement.
2. The clubhead travels in a perfect circle and the projection of this circle on the ground is an ellipse in the shape of the Putting Arc Deluxe.
3. The putter is always ?on plane? (the sweet-spot/spinal pivot plane). The intersection of this plane with the ground is a straight line, the ball/target line.
4. The club face is always square to the above plane and it is only square to the ball target line at the center line of the Putting Arc Deluxe. You are learning an inside to square to inside putting stroke.
5. In this perfect putting stroke, there is only one moving part. The hands, arms and shoulders rotate as one unit and no manipulation of the hands or arms is required to follow the correct path with a correct clubface because it happens automatically.