Sunday, February 17, 2008

All My Clubs Go The Same Distance

I have been playing golf for some time now and enjoy playing with my husband. Currently, I am very frustrated and am getting to the point where I do not want to play. Can you tell me why I hit ALL of my irons the same distance? It just not make it much fun when it does not matter what club you have to hit.

We hear this challenge from a lot from ladies and we can help you. The reason that all your irons go the same distance is that you are using the leading edge of the clubface or the very bottom of the club. I does not have any loft therefore all of your shots go the same distance.

You simply have to much tension in your golf swing. What do I mean? During your swing, especially through impact you have too much tension in your shoulders, elbows and wrists. Here is an easy full swing drill to fix your challenge. Place a tee in the ground. Swing at the tee trying to make contact with it and knock it out of the ground. My guess is the first few swings you may miss the tee by swinging high. As you relax your shoulders you will swing "lower" your golf swing and eventually hit the tee. Once you can consistently hit the tee out of the ground or forward as the longer tees are harder to get out of the ground, add the golf ball to the tee. MAKE SURE you are still trying to knock the tee out of the ground when the ball is added. This will make sure that your clubface is low enough to use the different lofts of each club. As a result, you will hit balls different distances. If these distances are not far enough, that is a different lesson! HAHA

Good luck and let us know how it goes or if you have any other questions feel free to submit it to this blog or read the free golf instruction articles at Wireless Golf Coach.

No comments: