Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Golf Grips

I bought my clubs two seasons ago. This will be the third season that I play with them. When should I change the grips on my clubs? I have regular rubber grips on my clubs and they still feel fine to me and I am able to hold the golf club.

Great Question! To answer your question truthfully, I will say it depends. It depends on the type of grips that you have. It depends on how often you play. It depends on how well you take care of them. It depends on how they feel to you. It depends on how long your season is and it depends how you hold the golf club.

I know this is not really the answer you are probably looking for but let me also say that if you are playing on a regular basis, are occasionally washing them with soap and water and they are not slipping on you you should be fine. If your grip looks shiny then it needs to be replaced. If you are in doubt whether you should have them replaced or not you can take them to a local PGA Professional for assistance.

Find other golf related articles such as full swing, short game, golf club fitting and putting that are written by PGA Professionals at http://www.virtualgolfswing.com/.

No comments: