Friday, March 7, 2008

How Do I Stop Chunking My Chip Shots?

I have a single-digit handicap. Unfortunately, I have started chunking a lot of my chip shots. Many times the ball gets half way to the hole and the blade just digs. What can I do to get this to stop?

Being a low handicapper, we will assume that you are keeping a flat left wrist/bent right wrist at impact. Check your set up. Many times better players get away from a proper set up. With opening up and doing this and that, they get out of whack. As you address the ball, make sure your hips and shoulders are level. It is omportant that you feel this throughout the chipping motion. This will shallow out your swing and will cure you of the chunks!

To find informative articles on the full swing, putting or the short game go to Wireless Golf Coach.

No comments: