Monday, March 17, 2008

How Do I Improve My Distance Control With My Putting?

I have been playing golf for a long time and carry a 14 Handicap. I have not been able to get any lower than this the last couple of years. I am looking to improve my putting this season to lower my handicap. It seems that I am pretty good at starting the putt on line however I can not control the speed. Any suggestions?

The first thing you need to do is to make sure that you are hitting each putt solidly. Read these articles and you should be well on your way to a lower handicap this year!

Use Three Tees To Better Your Putting
Look Mom!!! I am putting with one hand!!!
Set Up To Make More Putts
Three Putting Musts

In addition, roll balls under-handed to holes on the practice putting green and hold the finish of your arm. Notice the shape that your arm takes, short back and longer through. This will be the same shape that your putting stroke should take. Remember, hold your finish!

No comments: