Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What is "Over The Top?"

I am told by my friends that I have a problem with coming "over the top" in my golf swing. What does that mean and I how do I fix it?

This is a very common problem. The term "over the top" is refering to the fact that you are starting your golf swing with your upper body or shoulders as opposed to your lower body or hips.

When you are coming over the top, your divots go to the left of your target. This means that your shaft is going through impact moving to the left of your target. You will need to focus on making your shaft go at the target and even to the right of the target at first. Be aware of your divots and you will be on your way to fixing your swing challenge. Let us know how it goes!

At VGS Golf find golf instruction articles written on topis such as Full Swing, Golf Club Fitting, Golf Fitness, Mental Game, Putting, Short Game, Golf Equipment, Ladies Golf, Junior Golf as well as various topics that you would hear in a 19th Hole.

In addition VGS Golf offers golf products in the following categories:Full Swing Golf Training Aids, Golf Art, Golf Books, Golf Equipment, Golf Gifts, Golf Greeting Cards, Golf Instruction CD, Golf Instruction DVD, Golf Picture Frames, Ladies Golf, Putting Golf Training Aids, Wine and Golf as well as a VGS Golf Blog and a Wireless Golf Coach - Question And Answer Golf Blog

No comments: