Wednesday, November 7, 2007

How Can I Check That I Am Properly Holding My Finish When I Putt?

My friends tell me that I do not hold my finish with my putting stroke. Why is this a big deal and how do I fix it?

This is a very common problem that you will even see on Sunday on the PGA Tour from time to time. Not holding the finish with your putting stroke is a big deal because you are typically not hitting a solid putt. This means that your putting distance control is probably an issue for you. Here are the steps to fix it and start holing more putts:

  1. Pick a flat putt from only two feet from the putting cup. It is important to be this close to the hole so you can watch the ball go into the hole over and over again.

  2. Take a putting stroke and insure that your hands and putter shaft finish past your pants seam on your left leg for a right-handed golfer. In order to do this, you MUST keep an angle in your right wrist until you have completed the putting stroke.

  3. Once you have finished your putting stroke, hold your finish as you slowly count one, two, three. This will give you time to evaluate where your finish position is. Watch any tour and count as the pros finish their putting stroke.

At VGS Golf find golf instruction articles written on topis such as Full Swing, Golf Club Fitting, Golf Fitness, Mental Game, Putting, Short Game, Golf Equipment, Ladies Golf, Junior Golf as well as various topics that you would hear in a 19th Hole.

In addition VGS Golf offers golf products in the following categories:Full Swing Golf Training Aids, Golf Art, Golf Books, Golf Equipment, Golf Gifts, Golf Greeting Cards, Golf Instruction CD, Golf Instruction DVD, Golf Picture Frames, Ladies Golf, Putting Golf Training Aids, Wine and Golf as well as a VGS Golf Blog and a Wireless Golf Coach - Question And Answer Golf Blog

No comments: