Saturday, November 17, 2007

How Do I Properly Hit A Chips Shot?

I have recently had A LOT of trouble with my chipping. I hit most of my chip shots low and the go over the green. It is so bad that I can feel that I am hitting the ball on the bottom of the club face. What can I do?

Well keep your chin up and keep smiling as I have three suggestions for you!!!
  1. During a chipshot, make sure that you are keeping you shoulders, forearms and the back of your neck relaxed throughout the entire stroke.
  2. To make sure you are swinging down at the ball, set up with 70% (adjust as needed) of your weight on your left foot for a right-handed golfer and place your hands equal to your left hip. By now taking your putting stroke from this position, this will make the shaft come into the ball on a steeper path.
  3. Read the article Boot Camp For Chip Shots

Let us know how this helps!!!

At VGS Golf find golf instruction articles written on topis such as Full Swing, Golf Club Fitting, Golf Fitness, Mental Game, Putting, Short Game, Golf Equipment, Ladies Golf, Junior Golf as well as various topics that you would hear in a 19th Hole.

In addition VGS Golf offers golf products in the following categories:Full Swing Golf Training Aids, Golf Art, Golf Books, Golf Equipment, Golf Gifts, Golf Greeting Cards, Golf Instruction CD, Golf Instruction DVD, Golf Picture Frames, Ladies Golf, Putting Golf Training Aids, Wine and Golf as well as a VGS Golf Blog and a Wireless Golf Coach - Question And Answer Golf Blog

No comments: